Here is how to uninstall Mailscanner completely and reverse the changes we made:
1. To remove MailScanner and the MailScanner Front-End, run these commands in shell as root:
wget <a href="https://download.configserver.com/msinstall.tar.gz">https://download.configserver.com/msinstall.tar.gz</a>
tar -xzf msinstall.tar.gz
2. Remove the MailScanner-specific SpamAssassin configuration files (in shell as root):
rm -fv configserver.cf mailscanner.cf
3. To remove the MailScanner Configuration icon from cPanel, go to
WHM > Packages > Feature Manager. Edit the "disabled" Feature List
and check the box for MailScanner Configuration.
4. Remove the root cron job that runs mscpanel.pl (in shell as root):
5. Reset Exim Configuration, in WHM > Exim Configuration Editor > Reset All Configs to Defaults. This is not required.
6. If you want to re-enable SpamAssassin through cPanel:
WHM > Tweak Settings > SpamAssassin > tick
WHM > Service Manager > spamd > tick both boxes
WHM > Feature Manager > Edit a Feature List > disabled > Edit > Apache SpamAssassin and Apache SpamAssassin Spam Box > untick (if ticked)
WHM > Feature Manager > Edit Feature List - edit any feature lists
that you want to allow access to the SpamAssassin configuration in
disable MailScanner, see this FAQ entry: How do I temporarily disable MailScanner?